Mental Health Recovery Case Manager- Enhanced Adult Community Living Support Program (EACLS)
- Permanent Full Time Position -(Possible Weekend Work)
- NFP Salary Packaging Available
- Orange Location
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
The Enhanced Adult Community Living Supports (EACLS) program is a collaborative state project between NSW Health and NGOs. EACLS aims to strengthen the community based responses to adults aged 16 years and older with severe mental illness through psychosocial support to consumers within the community. EACLS is based on the Housing Accommodation and Support Initiative (HASI), however, it aims to offer flexible hours of support based on need instead of a set package allocation. (A copy of the position description is provided below).
- Consumer Support
- Induct consumers into the program and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Assist with the ongoing implementation of person centred support plans through a range of varied activities.
- Assist consumers in the process of transition from hospital (mental health inpatient units), correctional facilities and other institutions to living independently in the community
- Encourage hope and self-determination and consumers to address physical health needs
- Program Support and Development
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including service partners and government agencies.
- Contribute to the effective functioning and development of the service through involvement in projects, contribution to team forums, and training and development
- Program maintenance
- Create and update individualized consumer files and notes for all consumers on internal database or hard copy in line with Mission Australia protocols
- Complete a range of other administrative duties for the efficient running of the service including use of brokerage, service statistics, referral letters, and case plans.
- Relationship Management
- Assist in the promotion and awareness of EACLS and its involvement in local community activities
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant Qualifications or relevant industry experience
- Understanding of the recovery orientated principles and framework, as well as psycho-social rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the mental health system and issues affecting people with a mental illness
- Case management skills including the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of locally available services.
- A high level of written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skills in liaising, negotiating and advocating for consumers with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- First Aid certificate (Desirable) and Drivers Licence.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
Click "APPLY NOW".
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mental Health Recovery Case Manager - Orange 2018.docx
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Advertised: 01 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 17 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
- Mission Australia
This job has expired
|Location||Blue Mountains & Central West, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Case Manager|