Youth Worker - Children & Families / Anglicare SQ - Children & Families - Gympie & Caloundra, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. We provide Fostering, Residential and Semi-Independent services to children and young people with complex support needs, who are not able to live with their own family and are living in out-of-home-care.
Our compassionate and proactive team are looking for positive, caring and professional Youth Workers to provide care and/or support to children and young people, in out of home care throughout the Gympie and Caloundra regions. The care and support provided by our Youth Workers will enhance opportunities for the young person to participate in age appropriate activities which support development of positive self-regard, community inclusion, positive relationships with family of origin and to contribute to placement stability.
Complimenting your exceptional communication skills and previous experience in child and family support will be:
- Ability to engage children and youth quickly and effectively and support them in the development of independent living skills
- Sound understanding of child behaviour and development, working from a trauma-informed framework
- Ability to observe and navigate the complex family dynamics often present for children in care
- Confidence and professional response to crisis situations - working within risk and compliance guidelines
- A team player who works in a collaborative manner, but is capable of operating autonomously on a daily basis
- Leadership skills and ability to provide a positive adult role model to young people, assisting them to develop confidence and self-worth
- Effective contribution to Care Plans by providing evidence-based insight, assessments and evaluations
You are required to hold:
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Child, Youth & Family Intervention, Youth Services, Community Services or similar field
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Be willing and able work a 24/7 rotating roster which may include days, nights, weekends and public holidays
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working in your local community, providing encouragement and development to children and young people
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in Children and Family services
- Career progression and growth in the form of internal and external training
- Work/life/study balance with casual hours
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3354
For further information please contact
Sarah Ford on 0427 125 171
Applications close Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity,commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|