x2 Domestic and Family Violence Specialists - Ipswich & Deception Bay
x2 Domestic and Family Violence Specialists - Ipswich
- Utilise your experience in domestic and family violence and early intervention strategies
- Permanent Full time – part time will be considered
- Deception Bay and Ipswich locations – access to pool car
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
About the role
You will be responsible for assisting in the development and up skilling of staff and providing consultation to cases which involve domestic and family violence. You will also develop a range of community response initiatives and support staff and management to deliver programs and services to exceed service outcomes; whilst managing your own caseload.
- Engage with clients based on professional assessment of needs
- Actively engage with families to explore mutual obligations, complete forms and develop collaborative goals from a strengths based, trauma informed, family focused practice framework
- Provide in home interventions to achieve positive long term outcomes with families to strengthen the care and protection of children
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners internally and externally
- Work collaboratively with case workers to provide advice and support with safe and ongoing engagement and intervention strategies for families affected by domestic violence.
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology or other related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to plan, implement, facilitate and monitor family intervention activities
- Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection legislation and child protective concerns
- Excellent interpersonal, crisis management and advocacy skills
- Senior first aid certificate
- Open and current Driver’s License (use of pool car provided for outreach visits)
- Working with Children Blue Card
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 50% at participating Centres (conditions apply)
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
Click "APPLY NOW"
Intensive Family Support FDV Specialist Level 4 2a.docx
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Case Worker, Case Manager, Case Management , Ipswich, Deception Bay, Children, Families, Child Protection, Greater Brisbane, Domestic Violence , Family Violence, DV, Family
Advertised: 07 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: 23 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
- Mission Australia
This job has expired
|Location||Western Suburbs & Ipswich, Brisbane|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|