Senior Case Manager
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging + other benefits
- Permanent Full time
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
Youth on Track is an early intervention scheme for 10–17 year-olds that identifies and responds to young people at risk of long-term involvement in the criminal justice system.
In the position you will deliver intensive case management support and intervention services to young people and their families.
- Respond to referrals and conduct intake processes in a timely manner
- Deliver intensive case management to young people and/or their families who are at risk of involvement in the criminal justice system
- Travel between locations and provide outreach support to clients
- Develop comprehensive case plans with the young person and their family that focus on addressing the young person's individual criminogenic issues as identified through the YLS/CMI-AA assessment and increasing young people’s pro-social behaviours
- Deliver a range of evidence based interventions appropriate to client needs
- Maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete a range of administrative tasks
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Cert IV or higher) in respective fields i.e. Youth Work, Mental Health, Justice, Counselling, Case Management, Drug and Alcohol, Social Work, Psychology, Criminology
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice criminogenic interventions related to behavioural and rehabilitation supports, the impact of substance use and knowledge of mental health issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling service
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Please note, an independent panel member from the community will be involved in the recruitment process for this position and hence your application will be shared with a representative from this organisation.
For further information please contact Megan Boshell (02) 6884 8526
Click "APPLY NOW" noting applications close 22 nd November, 2017
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
YOT Senior Case Manager 181016.pdf
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Advertised: 07 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Mission Australia
|Location||Blue Mountains & Central West, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Case Manager|