Team Leader Home Based Care
- Providing support to children and young people who need to live in out of home care;
- Full time based in Bendigo, 1 ongoing and 1 limited tenure
- Contributing to better outcomes for children and young people.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Team Leader for Home Based Care provides direct support to the Family Workers for children/young people when they are required to reside in Home Based Care. Their role also focuses on supervision of carers who are providing the day to day support to the children and or young person They work with the families of origin, caregivers and other professionals, particularly DHHS, to provide a high quality, stable placement that meets the child/young person's needs. Placements may be short, medium or long term. The program has a strong commitment to working with families towards reunification whenever possible. Aboriginal children are over represented in the Out of Home care program therefore Family Workers liaise with a number of key external Indigenous stakeholders.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, early childhood and/or related behavioural sciences at a degree level;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff;
- Demonstrated experience in child and adolescent development;
- High level communication skills both written and verbal;
- Effective problem solving skills;
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description Team Leader HBC PD.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Lisa Henderson on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close 5pm Friday 27 October 2017
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Advertised: 04 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 27 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Team Leader HBC PD.pdf
- Anglicare Victoria
|Location||Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges, Regional VIC|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Service Managers|