Team Leader Foster Care
- Lead a growing program
- Supportive team environment
- Full Time based at Dandenong
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
- To manage the delivery of a quality, flexible and accountable Foster Care service across the Southern Metro areas
- To work in conjunction with the Home Based Care program management team to plan and implement responses in relation to service developments.
- To ensure that the service is operated in accordance with DHHS service agreements, organisational policies, and accepted standards of practice.
- To ensure the ongoing support, supervision, performance management, learning and development of service staff.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialized skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in the provision of out of home care services.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and leadership qualities with the capacity to motivate and lead a staff team.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills, including the ability to appropriately balance competing demands and interests of key stakeholders such as clients, caregivers, DHHS and community organisations.
- Ability to contribute to policy development and implement and monitor program budget.
- Thorough understanding of the issues relating to the placement of children in alternate family care - including permanency planning principles and their applicability to children in Foster Care.
- Working knowledge of the principles and theory of child protection, and how the legislative framework governs practice and primary approaches to intervention with families.
- Working knowledge of the local and regional service network is considered advantageous.
- Computer literacy
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description Team leader Foster Care Dandenong_PD.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Antoniette Bonaguro or Michelle Salas on 03 9293 8500
Applications close Monday 16th October 2017
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Advertised: 27 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 16 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Team leader Foster Care Dandenong_PD.pdf
- Anglicare Victoria
This job has expired
|Location||Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Service Managers|