Entry-level Support Worker / Uniting / Western Sydney
- Inclusive and diverse organisation
- Flexible working environment
- Multiple opportunities throughout Western Sydney
Uniting is a leading and growing not-for-profit organisation with a strategic vision to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice through its services. We are responsible for the work of community services, chaplaincy and social justice advocacy. All of our work is inspired and guided by the principles of justice and compassion.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Exciting opportunities exist for permanent part-time Entry-level Support Workers located throughout the Western Sydney suburbs. Reporting directly to the Team Leader or Service Manager for that region, you will be responsible for providing person centred aged care and services to clients. Key responsibilities will include;
- Supporting aged care clients with their quality of life in their own home
- Following specific instructions within the care plan of the client
- Maintaining privacy & confidentiality at all times
- Attending regular training sessions and monthly meetings
- Timely reporting of any hazards or incidents
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care or equivalent (desirable)
- CHCCS303A Module Provide Physical assistance with medication (desirable)
- CHCAC319A Provide support to people living with dementia (desirable)
You will be available for shifts that start and finish between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday on a variable roster. Some weekend work may be required. You are also required to have access to a fully comprehensive insured vehicle. Key to the success in this role is the demonstrated ability in the below skills and experience;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Awareness of Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and risk management practices
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Previous experience within an Aged Care or Community Care environment (desirable)
- Experience using client/data management systems (desirable)
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements for permanent employees
- Paid time and per kilometre travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Click on the link below to apply. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Kathy Newman on 02 9376 0478 for a confidential discussion.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|
|Reference Number||Resilient Communities (EA/Award Home and Community Care)-06/2017-1248|