Team Leader / Uniting / Lilyfield NSW
Uniting is a leading and growing not-for-profit organisation with a strategic vision to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice through its services. We are responsible for the work of community services, chaplaincy and social justice advocacy. All of our work is inspired and guided by the principles of justice and compassion.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Team leader located at our Lilyfield office. You will be responsible for providing one on one guidance and support to a team of aged care community employees.
Key responsibilities include;
- Motivating, mentoring and managing a team of Support Workers that provide services to aged care clients in their own home
- Being the daily point of contact for our team of highly enthusiastic and committed Support Workers
- Monitoring the standards of service provided so that staff performance, training and mentoring requirements are adequately monitored and communicated, resulting in job satisfaction and retention of staff
- Conducting service satisfaction audits in the client homes whilst maintaining the support worker’s confidence
- Certificate IV in Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Community Services or equivalent or working towards
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with access to a fully comprehensive insured vehicle
Skills & experience
- Supervisory and team leadership experience within the community or aged care sector
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of Health or Community Aged Care Services
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Excellent time management & problem solving
- Proficiency using client/data systems and computer applications including; MS Word / Excel/ Outlook and a willingness to learn new programs
- Empathy and ability to build strong relationships
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements
- Paid time and per kilometre travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Closing Date: 5pm on 5th May 2017
Click on the link below to apply. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Amanda Kavanagh on 02 9376 0494 or 0428734381 for a confidential discussion.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Management|