Home Care Worker - Part Time / Anglicare (Southern Queensland) / Gold Coast
About The Position
Our Gold Coast Community Services team are key in providing care and support to a range of clients, including Aged Care and Disability services. We are currently looking for a part time Home Care Worker to join us.
This role’s overall purpose within Anglicare Southern Queensland (ASQ) is to provide personal care and assistance with a range of activities of daily living which may include hygiene, dressing and grooming, shopping, respite and domestic assistance.
This is your opportunity to showcase your customer-centric attitude and bring the highest level of care to our clients, assisting them to remain living independently and comfortably in their own homes.
We require a dedicated, reliable and flexible Home Care Worker to commit to permanent, part time hours. You must be available for all shifts between 6.30am and 8.00pm weekdays and weekends.
Each day is different in this rewarding role, and requires our successful candidate to not only offer a fantastic attitude, but also a dedication to the following:
- Providing quality assistance with a range of daily activities
- Supporting clients with self-care including bathing and dressing
- Assisting with housekeeping and laundry duties
- Involvement with social and recreational activities
- Providing emotional, social and spiritual support to residents
Our successful candidate will also be:
- Enthusiastic, compassionate and personable
- Reliable and highly flexible with working days/hours
- Experienced in Aged & Disability Care or similar
- Focused on providing high quality Personal Support Services
- A strong communicator – both written and verbal
- Committed to supporting the elderly and/or those with some level of disability and comfortable working within professional boundaries and guidelines
Qualifications will include:
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, Community Services (or equivalent)
- Completion of “Assist with Medication” unit
- A current National Police Certificate
- Physically capable of meeting the requirements of the role
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- Competitive salary and the ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
- A chance to be part of one of Queensland’s most well respected and recognised non-profit organisations
- Flexibility of work/life balance with part time hours across weekdays and weekends
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
To submit an application and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’ below or visit http://anglicaresq.org.au/career/ and refer to job number S2851
For further information please contact
Nigel Aberdour on 07 5525 4100
Applications close Friday 5th May 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|