Reference Number 17827 Position Title Lifestyle Assistant Employment Type Casual Organisation Unit Arcare Location Arcare Slacks Creek - 8 Janice Street, Slacks Creek QLD 4127, Arcare Eight Mile Plains - 549 Warrigal Rd, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113, Arcare Parkinson - 2791 Beaudesert Road, Parkinson QLD 4115, Arcare Springwood - 99 Cinderella Drive, Springwood, 4127 Weekly Divisor (hours) Position Summary
Lifestyle Assistants | Immediate Start
- Utilise your experience in a 5-star Aged Care organisation
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Roving Casual positions covering South Brisbane Region
Arcare is now looking for a Lifestyle Assistant to work with care team members, volunteers, families and residents to access a leisure and lifestyle program that enhances residents' quality of life while reflecting their needs.
Arcare is a proudly family-owned aged care business that now has over 35 homes throughout Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales. Arcare has a relationship focused approach that ensures that the relationships between residents, clients, employees, volunteers and family members are valued. This approach has been praised and celebrated by leading aged care experts as being at the forefront of elder-care globally.
About the Role
The Lifestyle assistant will be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of social and leisure programs under the guidance of the Lifestyle Coordinator. The Lifestyle Assistant will coordinate and assist with appropriate recreational activities for all residents of the residence, considering residences interests, culture, preference and capabilities. The lifestyle assistant will be responsible in ensuring each individual resident has a current and accurate lifestyle assessment and a documented plan for recreational activities consistent with the lifestyle assessment and care plan. The Lifestyle Assistant will be required to drive to the various residences across Victoria.
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent life or Aged Care experience.
- Previously held a Lifestyle assistant position (desirable)
- Previous experience in conducting activities in Residential Aged Care
- Experience in and/or passion for working with people who are living with dementia
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Proficiency in the use of software relevant to the position, e.g. Microsoft office suite
- Be reliable, flexible and a team player
- Current Police Clearance and Statutory Declaration
- Current Drivers Licence and own vehicle
Arcare is a family owned business therefore open and respectful relationships is the most important thing that we do. We believe that through sharing our stories and ourselves we are able to recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of every person. Arcare is also very committed to nurturing people, new ideas and personal growth by remaining flexible and open to possibilities
- Supportive, friendly and caring organisation
- Family owned business
- Training Plan & Educational Opportunities
- Senses Framework to ensure staff are supported in personally meaningful goal
If you believe you have the skills, values and expertise to deliver the role of a Lifestyle Assistant please follow the 'Apply Now' link below and apply for this exciting opportunity
All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Check and provide evidence of right to work in Australia
Selection Criteria Desirable: Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent life or Aged Care experience.
Desirable: Previously held a Lifestyle assistant position (desirable)
Desirable: Previous experience in conducting activities in Residential Aged Care
Desirable: Experience in and/or passion for working with people who are living with dementia Contact Person Jamee Cook Contact Number Closing Date 02/05/2019 Position Description Lifestyle Assistant PD.pdf
This job has expired
|Location||Southern Suburbs & Logan, Brisbane|
|Profession||Aged Care Jobs / Support Workers|