Reference Number 17825 Position Title Lifestyle Assistant Employment Type Casual Organisation Unit Arcare Location Arcare North Lakes - 65 Endeavour BLVD, North Lakes QLD 4509, Arcare Caboolture - 51-67 Manley Street, Caboolture QLD 4510, Arcare Taigum - 156 Muller Road, Taigum, 4018 Weekly Divisor (hours) Position Summary
CASUAL LIFESTYLE ASSISTANT | ARCARE NORTH BRISBANE REGION
- Utilise your experience in a 5-star Aged Care organisation
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Roving Casual positions covering Caboolture, Northlakes and Taigum
- Help us change the face of residential aged care!
- Ref #17825
- Closing Date: 01/05/2019
Arcare is now looking for a Lifestyle Assistant to work with care team members, volunteers, families and residents to access a leisure and lifestyle program that enhances residents' quality of life while reflecting their needs.
With our first aged care residence constructed in 1997, Arcare has become one of the most innovative aged care providers in Australia. We currently have over 36 residences throughout Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
Beyond the luxurious surroundings, our clients are supported by our innovative relationship-focused approach to celebrating and supporting old age. This approach is driven by our Arcare values; Relationships, Uniqueness, Partnerships and Flexibility.
The value of relationships in all of our stakeholders' lives led to the development of our Dedicated Staff Assignment model, an approach which completely transforms the way that care and support are provided.
Our internationally renowned Dedicated Staff Assignment sees staff working with the same small number of clients every day. This continuity allows for deep and trusting relationships to develop between clients, employees and families; and this is what makes Arcare a recognised leader in client care globally.
About the Role
The Lifestyle assistant will be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of social and leisure programs under the guidance of the Lifestyle Coordinator. The Lifestyle Assistant will coordinate and assist with appropriate recreational activities for all residents of the residence, considering residences interests, culture, preference and capabilities.
The lifestyle assistant will be responsible in ensuring each individual resident has a current and accurate lifestyle assessment and a documented plan for recreational activities consistent with the lifestyle assessment and care plan. The Lifestyle Assistant will be required to drive to the various residences across Victoria.
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent life or Aged Care experience.
- Previously held a Lifestyle assistant position (desirable)
- Previous experience in conducting activities in Residential Aged Care
- Experience in and/or passion for working with people who are living with dementia
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Proficiency in the use of software relevant to the position, e.g. Microsoft office suite
- Be reliable, flexible and a team player
- Current Police Clearance and Statutory Declaration
- Current Drivers Licence and own vehicle
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for leading our carers and volunteer team, to lead them in providing quality personal, social and emotional care and support to clients in accordance with Arcare's Values. You will also be responsible for creating and ensuring that lifestyle programs are run according to the changing needs of our clients.
We are interested in hearing from applicants with experience in events coordination and with experience in areas such as arts, community development, leisure, recreation or similar fields. You must be passionate about Aged Care, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills to enrich the lives of our clients.
- Supportive, friendly and caring organisation
- Family owned business
- Training Plan & Educational Opportunities
- Senses Framework to ensure staff are supported in personally meaningful goals
If you believe you have the skills, values and expertise to deliver the role of a Lifestyle Assistant please follow the 'Apply Now' link below and apply for this exciting opportunity
To apply, please visit www.arcare.com.au/careers
All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Record Check.
Selection Criteria Desirable: Experience in events coordination/management
Desirable: Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Desirable: Previous experience in events coordination/management
Desirable: Certificate III in Aged Care or Qualification in Leisure and Lifestyle or Certificate III equivalent
Desirable: Previously held a Lifestyle assistant position (desirable) Contact Person Brooke Arbon Contact Number Closing Date 01/05/2019 Position Description Lifestyle Assistant PD.pdf
This job has expired
|Location||Northern Suburbs, Brisbane|
|Profession||Aged Care Jobs / Support Workers|