Care Service Employee
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Care Service Employees to work at Uniting Caroona Kalina in Goonellabah on a casual basis, to work collaboratively as a care team member to assist in the provision of care services that enhances the residents' well-being and is inclusive of their physical, psychological, social and spiritual qualities, to facilitate self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improve social engagement and quality of life for the resident.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to residents
- Supervise daily hygiene - showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication utilising medication compliance aids; simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of residents.
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certified in Medication Administration
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
Please visit our careers page https://www.uniting.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies
We won't be accepting applications from recruiters at this stage.
For Further Information Contact: Susan Clark on (02) 6624 8356
Applications close on: 18/05/2019
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
This job has expired
|Location||Lismore & Far North Coast, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Aged Care Jobs / Support Workers|