Coordinator Casework, Brighter Futures Program
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe.
About the role
This is a management role within the South West Sydney Brighter Futures Program and is responsible for the day to day coordination, management and leadership of a team of caseworkers delivering the Brighter Futures Model to families where there is risk of abuse and neglect of a child 0-9 years, and who are at high risk of further escalation in the child protection system.
A full description of duties and responsibilities can be downloaded and viewed at the bottom of this page.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Social work or Psychology or a related Bachelor degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in working with children and families
- Demonstrated experience working with families experiencing complex issues
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues with the capacity to identify risk levels and plan support interventions accordingly
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection legislation and mandatory reporting requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary services, developing and maintaining motivated, professional and effective work teams
- Demonstrated experience working with cultural diversity, Aboriginal and Culturally diverse people and delivering and evaluating services in a culturally competent manner
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective partnerships to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work out of hours and be available to support staff out of hours
- A Current Drivers licence
Knowledge of the South West Sydney region and /or experience in working in the region
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Supplying ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- Providing an attractive annual rate starting at $75,384 and negotiable depending on qualifications and experience plus super with Not for Profit Salary Packaging also available
- Offering an accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
Click on the link below to apply. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ali Serhan on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's Change Lives Together.
Applications close: 30 April 2019
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.
This job has expired
|Location||South West & M5 Corridor, Sydney|
|Profession||Aged Care Jobs / Service Co-ordinators|