Employee Wellbeing & Safety Business Partner (Indigenous Identified)
A newly created opportunity has become available in our People & Culture function for an Employee Wellbeing & Safety Business Partner to support the Aboriginal Home Care business and Western NSW Region of our Home & Disability Services business.
Reporting directly to the Employee Wellbeing & Safety Lead, you will be will be responsible for supporting the implementation of consistent wellbeing and safety programs across multiple business units within the Australian Unity enterprise. You will be at the frontline of our business working closely with business units, sites, branches and employees to improve how we manage employee wellbeing and safety.
As a trusted advisor to the business unit managers, you will build strong personal relationships and will influence key decision makers to achieve consistently high levels of safety outcomes whilst assisting to build a continuous improvement and strong safe work culture.
This role also supports the Community, Employee Wellbeing and Safety Team in developing and embedding the inclusion of cultural safety principles across our communities and ways of working.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A passion for and belief in employee wellbeing and safety ambitions
• A demonstrated knowledge of the concept of Connectedness to Country.
• A demonstrated understanding and commitment to Cultural Safety principles and protocols.
• A critical level of skills and knowledge to actively engage with local communities.
• Ongoing reflection, recognition and appreciation of contact history and its impact on Aboriginal and
• Torres Strait Islander Australians.
• An appreciation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural difference and diversity.
• National and Regional Business Partnering experience to support Branch Networks
• Well-developed knowledge of Health & Safety, injury management and workers compensation
• Proven ability to achieve results through exceptional stakeholder management skills
This is an exciting time to be joining Australian Unity - we have grown significantly over recent years and are experience a period of transformation with a renewed focus on Employee Wellbeing and Safety.
Your work will be focused on helping others to thrive, and so we seek to create a work environment that supports you to thrive in your career. We operate with commercial principles and a strong social purpose to create community value.
The culture at Australian Unity reflects our values of Bold, Warm and Honest. We also offer a broad range of benefits and incentives.
This role will be based in Wagga Wagga, NSW.
Australian Unity considers that being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under s.14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Australian Unity
Australian Unity is an equal opportunities employer; we encourage applications from all backgrounds
This is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career and join us at an exciting time of growth!
For further information, see our Careers website at www.australianunity.com.au
|Location||Wagga Wagga & Riverina, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Aged Care Jobs / Human Resources|