Direct Support Professional - Supported Living - Hunter
- Hunter/Newcastle Area
- Casual roles with huge career development opportunities
- Up to $32.63p/h (Depending on Experience) + Super + NFP Tax Benefits
Who we are
Sunshine is a not for profit organisation that has been operating since 1924. We are passionate and committed to creating possibilities for people with a disability to live, grow & develop their own best life, while having fun, enjoying our job within a great company environment.
What’s the role about?
We are looking for an outgoing, fun and proactive people who is able to remain positive and motivated in a fast paced work environment. As a Direct Support Professional you will be responsible for providing support to people with an intellectual and/or physical disability with the aim of engaging with their community in a meaningful way.
You can make a difference by providing living skills training, personal care, health and wellbeing, recreation and community integration. We encourage you to be creative and explore different ways to support people to live a good life.
Our ideal candidate has
- A passion for supporting people to fulfil their dreams and live their lives
- Personal Care experience which is essential
- The ability to bring energy and enthusiasm to others, even when those people cannot respond in the same way.
- Excellent communication skills, including the capacity to communicate with people who may not use words to communicate
- Common sense, an attention to detail, is reliable and team oriented
- Likes to work with people and thrives on supporting others
All our staff are required to hold a NSW driver’s license (P2/full), a current Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one). As we work with vulnerable people, the successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Police Check.
At Sunshine we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to offer a friendly place to work and a genuine, supportive team environment to grow, with a wide range of training and experienced leaders to guide you. We want to provide a ‘life changing’ experience not only for our clients but for all the people that work with us.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, send your cover letter addressing the criteria and resume by applying through our website:
To be considered for this role please click (or enter) the above link. Applications that fail to address the criteria will not be considered. To learn more about the role or for further information please contact Andrew on 0425 357 291.
Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free environment.
Visit us at www.sunshinelgd.org.au
|Location||Regional NSW/Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter|
|Classification||Aged Care Jobs, Professional Support Workers|