Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
Wheelchair Sports NSW (WS NSW)
Wheelchair Sports NSW (WS NSW), formed in 1961, is a charitable organisation responsible for the development, promotion and delivery of wheelchair sport in NSW.
It all started more than 50 years ago with a few visionary wheelchair members who believed in the power of sport to rehabilitate and integrate.
• Our Vision – to enrich the lives of people with a disability through participation in sport.
• Our Mission – to provide a range of quality sporting programs and opportunities for all ages and stages, to engage with our members and be responsive to their needs, to build strong and strategic relationships with the community and government to ensure sustainability and promote awareness.
• Our Goal – providing opportunities for all age groups and levels of abilities to enjoy the benefits of involvement in sport.
Sport is undoubtedly a powerful rehabilitation tool for those who have suffered catastrophic injury and a strong integrating force for those with a disability living in a predominately able bodied society. For many individuals, participation in wheelchair sport is also an important pathway to social connection or rejoining the community following a catastrophic injury and/or illness, for forming friendships and increasing confidence, social skills and education, along with overall motivation, determination and courage.
- Community access/Social participation
- Home visiting
- High/low and complex support
- Disability Support Worker