Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
The Deaf Society of NSW (DSNSW)
The Deaf Society is a not-for-profit organisation and leading provider of specialist services for deaf people and their families in NSW. Clients include those who are deaf including those that may have additional needs due to visual impairment, cerebral palsy, Ushers Syndrome or developmental delay.
The organisation was founded in 1913 in response to the needs of deaf people who used sign language as their primary means of communication. The Deaf Society believes that deaf people should enjoy the same political, civil and human rights as other members of the community and they work with the deaf community to secure these rights.
The organisation has a head office in Parramatta, with regional offices in Gosford, Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Lismore, Canberra and Wollongong. The Deaf Society also provides support and outreach services (via skype/online) to other areas of rural NSW.
- Auslan (Australian Sign Language) interpreting
- Deafblind interpreting (various modes)
- Client and community support
- A drop in service
- Literacy support
- Training in independent living skills
- Qualifications delivered in Auslan
- Community education and information
- Auslan courses for hearing people
- Deaf-friendly families program
- Job search and workplace support (through NDIS)
- Translation service (for converting English content into deaf-accessible content)
- Support Coordination
- NDIS Pre-Planning
- Other NDIS support services
- Assessment and case management
- Community access/Social participation
- Day centre/Drop-in centre
- Disability Employment Network
- Skills development
- High/low and complex support
- Community Care Worker
- Employment Development Officer
- Finance Manager
- HR Coordinator