Sutherland Shire Home Modification & Maintenance Service aim is to provide cost effective, high quality, low level home modification and maintenance services to clients in the Sutherland Shire.
These services enable people to live independently and safely at home for as long as possible, rather than having to move prematurely into hostel accommodation or a nursing home. Our emphasis is on ensuring and maintaining people’s independence.
Our services are provided by qualified, licensed contractors and trade staff and available to the frail aged, older people, people with disabilities and their carers who are living in their own home in the Sutherland Shire, or in certain circumstances, are privately renting.
Modifications are subsided by Government funding and take into account the financial situation of each client.
To improve the quality of life for our clients enabling them to continue living independently at home and accessing their local community.
- to treat all parties involved with our service with respect, dignity and compassion
- to deliver our services with honesty and integrity
- to work in partnership with subcontractors, suppliers and service providers
- to encourage and value the involvement of staff, management committee and members of the community
- to be committed to the continued growth of our services
- to manage our resources responsibly
How We Are Funded
The service is supported by funding from the Commonwealth of Australia as represented by the Department of Health and Ageing under the Commonwealth HACC Programme.