Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
143 Dora Street
New South Wales
Southlake Community Service
Southlake Community Services Incorporated (SCS) is a not-for-profit incorporated community organisation dedicated to providing a variety of much needed community welfare services to the people of South Lake Macquarie.
From humble volunteer beginnings in 1991, SCS has progressed and developed into a dynamic, forward looking provider of valuable community services.
Leading, partnering and working together with other community based organisations, SCS encourages and shares some common principles and philosophies about their purpose and roles, including:
- Affirmative action towards disadvantaged people and groups
- Community development and involvement
- Local participation and control
Current services provided by SCS include:
- Operation and development of the Morisset Multi Purpose Centre
- Community transport bus service
- Neighbourhood centre and community development project
- Happy Hippo Toy Library
- Horizons Disability Program
- Before and after school child care service
- A vacation care service
- Wollutkka Community Garden
- Southlake Youth Centre
SCS is governed by a volunteer community Board of Directors which directs and oversees the activities of a group of professional and well trained operations staff, headed by the Executive Officer and including community project coordinators, assistants, staff and volunteers.
Much of the funding for its projects is derived from the Department of Community Services (DoCS) and Department of Aging, Disability & Home Care (DADHC). The organisation also receives funding from a variety of sponsors, commercial and private benefactors as well as local, regional and state bodies and organisations whose objectives fit neatly with the aims and purpose of developing stronger communities.
SCS provides a supportive team culture, entrepreneurial spirit and above award conditions.
- Children's services
- Community transport
- Day centre/Drop-in centre
- Social development
- High/low and complex support
- Frontline Professional
- Frontline Support