Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
GPO Box 4396
safe steps Family Violence Response Centre
Our vision is to eliminate family violence.
safe steps Family Violence Response Centre is Victoria’s statewide first response service for women, young people and children experiencing family violence.
We are committed to ensuring all women and children are able to live free from abuse – our ultimate goal is the elimination of family violence. We work towards this through a respond-recover-prevent framework.
RESPOND: We empower women, young people and children experiencing family violence and secure their safety by providing:
- 24/7 family violence response phone line
- Risk assessments
- Emergency accommodation
- Pet accommodation
- Safety planning
- Emotional and material support
- Information and referrals
- A specialist Safe House for women and children who are at high risk of being harmed or have complex needs
RECOVER: We support family violence survivors to overcome trauma so they can thrive in their communities and live free from violence by providing:
- Trauma informed counselling through a national partnership with 1800RESPECT
- Court support services
- Flexible Support Packages
PREVENT: We work towards a community free from family violence through education, system reforms and social change initiatives.
- Evidence-based policy submissions and consultations to government, statutory and judicial commissions and inquiries
- Participation in relevant steering committees, industry taskforces, forums and advisory groups
- School and community education initiatives
- Workforce development and education
- The safe steps Survivor Advocate Program
safe steps’ core values inform all that we do. We are:
*Feminism is the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social and economic equality with men.
- Policy and advocacy
- Sheltered housing
- Social development
- High/low and complex support
- Case Manager