Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
8-10 Sharon Road
New South Wales
Muddy Puddles is a not-for-profit non-government organisation established in the Eurobodalla to provide education, therapy and support services for additional needs children and teens, their families and carers.
Our goal is to create a local community within the Eurobodalla where these children and teens together with their families and carers belong, feel nurtured, respected, valued and enabled to make successful transitions throughout their lives and to achieve their unique potential.
Thanks to a generous donation, Muddy Puddles has a temporary home at Sharon Road, Batemans Bay. We received $1.5 million in State Government funding to develop a purpose-built education and therapy centre. Work is expected to commence late 2015.
In the interim Muddy Puddles has already commenced provision of therapy services by way of weekly programs including;
- Supported early childhood playgroups focussing on communication, concentration and social skills for children aged two to five years with additional needs.
- An after school hours program for primary-aged children with additional needs, focussing on appropriate social skills.
- Martial Arts for older children and teenagers combining psychological assessment and support with self-defence training to build confidence, self-esteem and emotional awareness. In this supported environment teens are encouraged to address any issues they may have related to anxiety and depression.
It is hoped that through fundraising, grants and funding Muddy Puddles will provide;
- A drop in centre for parents and carers looking for assistance with referrals, diagnosis or just support.
- A mobile supported playgroup to visit the Eurobodalla’s main centres, Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma and deliver education and therapy for children with additional needs.
- Specialist therapy services.
- Assessment and case management
- Children's services
- Community access/Social participation
- Skills development
- Social development
- High/low and complex support
- Low and complex support
- Low support
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Pathologist