Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
Who we are
Formed in 1998, Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing care at all stages of life and circumstance.
Health services available through Barwon Health cover the full spectrum from primary care, community services, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, emergency and acute care. With the exception of neurosurgery and transplantation, virtually all other specialties are available through the Geelong Hospital.
Care is provided to the community through:
- Community Health services at key locations throughout the region.
- Aged care through the McKellar Centre and its sites in North Geelong and Grovedale.
- Rehabilitation services both as an inpatient at the McKellar Centre and outpatient services at North Geelong and Belmont.
- A major teaching hospital and its associated services. With a staff of more than 6,000 people, we are also one of Australia's largest regional employers and a major education provider through our relationships with Deakin University, Melbourne University, Monash University, the Gordon and a number of other educational centres and universities.
With a long and successful history, our achievements and successes have been recognised with peer recognition or our programs and services by the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards (ACHS). Barwon Health was named 'regional health service of the year' in the 2013 Victorian Public Healthcare Awards.
- Allied health care
- High and complex support
- High and low support
- Disability Support Worker
- Enrolled Nurse
- Frontline Professional
- Frontline Support
- Registered Nurse