we listen to you
… to realise an inclusive society for all.
People talk to us about what they want and how they want to feel. Our whole work revolves around listening to people who wish to continue doing the things they enjoy while living at home. For instance some people want assistance with house cleaning which frees them to go out and volunteer or socialise.
Some of the things we do could be as simple as:
• home and garden maintenance
• assistance with dressing and showering
• flexible day, evening, overnight and recreational breaks to support carers
• practical help and information to manage at home, for example meal preparation or delivery, maintaining personal interests
Our promise …
…is to connect with you, your families and friends, and the community to provide practical plans, information and support to help you build a valued life and a sustainable vision for the type of life you want. A valued life includes strong social networks providing an opportunity for people to meet with others, form friendships and learn about services that are available to them.
Depending on where you live, activities may include:
• working as an artist on large wall murals
• recording your life story through digital storytelling
• studying Work Education qualifications for future work placement
• singing in the community choir
• learning about plants while working in a shared community garden patch
• or obtaining solo sailing qualifications in your dinghy on Port Phillip Bay
We can’t do any of this without the 300+ diverse partnerships across community, business and government sectors. These partnerships help increase and strengthen the bonds of friendship between people, whether they are individuals, or people within groups, networks, or organisations.
When you connect with your community, and watch the partnerships grow… amazing things happen. We invite you to check out the links on the right to find out.