- Career Quiz
- Who does the sector suit?
- The sector roles
- Career Advice and Tips
- Aboriginal Employment Programs
- Training and Skill Development program - WA
Who does the sector suit?
If you’re looking for more flexibility, greater challenges, and for a career where what you do is better aligned to your personal and professional values, then the disability and community care sector is for you.
The sector offers a number of benefits in your career and life.
Here’s a sample of the wide range of people that fit the sector.
- Career changers – the sector often attracts and supports people who are after a career that shares their personal values.
- Mature employees – mature age workers are able to find a role that allows them to participate in community life whilst fitting in with their lifestyle.
- Return to work parents – the sector is a good choice for parents who are returning to work after a career break and looking for flexible working hours.
- School leavers, students and young adults – students often work Part Time during their studies to gain experience in the workforce.
- New migrants/people from biligual community - workers from diverse backgrounds are valued and sought after by organisations and by many of the people with different cultural identities that they support.